If it appears that your remote is not working correctly, before trying the below steps, it is strongly recommended to first try a different set of batteries. Also, try the batteries in a different device first, so you're sure they work.
If, after a fresh set of batteries, the remote is still not working, try the below steps:
Step 1: Try pairing the remote again:
- Open the battery compartment by removing the battery cover
- Press and hold the pairing button for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing LED begin to flash
- The remote pairing dialog and instructions should appear on your TV screen
- If you don't see the pairing light on your remote, your batteries might need to be replaced
Step 2: Try restarting the Roku player & remote:
- Unplug the power from the Roku player
- Open the remote battery compartment by removing the battery cover
- Plug the Roku power back in
- As the Roku player is restarting, press and hold the remote pairing button for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing LED begin to flash
- Once the Roku player has fully restarted, you'll see the Language screen, then the remote pairing screen.
If all of the above steps still do not resolve the issue you are having with your remote, please contact Roku Support